Saturday, December 22, 2007

tong yuen.tong yuen.tong yuen.

Yesterday
I went out whole day yesterday looking for Tourism of Malaysia office to get some brochures and CD in PWTC. Unfortunately the officers that were keeping the keys to the store, which is where the kept the stuff, was not around. *sheesh* Wasted my time taking the LRT down.

Decided to look for Kekkwa, Kementerian Kebudayaan to get some CD on traditional dance and music too. No one by the roadside I've asked knew where the office was situated. Walked blindly around the Sogo area and finally found the office after asking loads of people. Took a lift all the way up to 18th floor when I found out that the officers that have the CD was on holidays too. *feet aching by then*

Since there were no more department I could go to anymore, Mother and I headed straight to Sogo and shopped. *feet still aches but feels better when it aches due to shopping* Got more clothes and some formal shirts from Voir and Nicole.



Today
Finally finished the 44pieces of souvenir to be brought to the States. It's kind of hand phone case/glasses case/iPod case/coin bag/whatever-you can-store-in-it-case made from a big piece of batik sarong. Mother sewed all of them and I thread the strings through to complete it as a case/bag. I did sew one if you would like to know. *grins*

Went down to Old Klang Road to have home dinner with aunts and cousins. We bought satay for them. *slurps* Talked about some complications over dinner. They were to be evicted from their current house for development. Yehyeh (grandfather) is a stubborn man and wants to take his junks along. *sigh sigh* Everything is so hard. So is life itself.

Anyway, I had fun eating the Tong Yuen (coloured flour-balls in syrup) made by Ah Sam. *yum yum* Family stayed a lil while and talked about their childhood. One story touched me a lot. My aunt was almost suffocated to death when her mother silenced her cries with a pillow. Her mother did so to protect the family from being shot. My aunt turned blue and was near death. I'm glad to have her now.

At times like this, Jiejie absence is even more felt. But I'm happy that she's going Chicago for Christmas!

No comments: