It is the 50th year of collaboration between United States and Malaysia. Hence, the US department decided to sponsor this tv program, titled : Field Trip USA.
Before we left to the States, early this year, 8 students were given a whole new video camera to be brought to US. They were supposed to film their special moments and keep track of their experience during the whole 6 months.
In the middle of the 6 months, Qi (host for Bajet Destinasi) and the 8tv crew went over to the states in America to meet up with these selected 8 students.
The footage have been edited and produced into a series, Field Trip USA. This 10 weeks episode will be about the 8 students and also some footage of the other students for this AFS YES program.
The details would be:
Chanel: 8tv
Time: 9.30pm
Date: 8th Oct 08, every Wednesday
Series title: Field Trip USA.
Host: Qi
Main 8 students: Sherilyn Ooi, Syera Zainal, Andrew Chua, Danial Kamal, Soleh, Wanny, Shaaleni, Pratheeb (Joe)
The press conference and the launching event was held last Thursday at TGI's Friday in One Utama. About 13 out of 40 of us attended. The press were there too. Mahathir Lokman, Ahmad Izham Omar (CEO of 8tv), James R. Keith (the ambassador of America), Atty Sulaiman, Syazalyna Mohammad and some other big shots were there too.
It definitely was a blast!
I shall force everyone who knows me, about to know me or even just happen to stumble on this blog to watch Field Trip USA! It's a must!
-Sherilyn, Paul, Andrew-
Syera, Shaaleni, Andrew
*winks*
Ps: Don't expect seeing me on the tv program because I'm not the main 8. But i will be appearing for a short moment on the 1st episode. Do check it out ya!



3 comments:
I watched the show this morning at 8TV. It's a great show and different from others. I like it and happy to see you guys having great time! I've once missed it when I was 17 :( visit my blog if you want to know my stories relating to hosting AFS participants! Maybe tonight I'll post it to my blog, still in editing process ;) Have a nice day ahead! Be proud of Malaysia and be a good Malaysian! :)
I watched the show this morning on 8tv too!
i do agree with lover that it's great.oh and I too missed the chance when i was 17 due to financial constraints.I applied for Italy as my 1st choice and was stupid enough to put YES as my 2nd (or 3rd choice,i forgot).I had to pay RM10k so I had to forgo it because looking for funding isn't as easy as everyone seems to think.So,good for you on managing to experience the YES programe!Continue to shine. =)
p/s : I was Shaaleni's friend and senior back in secondary school.didn't know she was on YES till this morning.lol.
Hey there yvonne... perhaps u can still apply for AFS Community Service Exchange Programs! I'm married, so maybe not suitable for me...haha...
Anyway I'm done with my post about hosting AFS participants...visit my blog if u would like to know more... :)and let's build a good network!
http://linkedbyloves.blogspot.com
Post a Comment